Friday, September 17, 2010

Sunflower Bath

Sunflower just finished her bath and went down for nap.  Yeah me!  I gave her a bath all by myself.  For those of you who don't know me well and who probably always give your kids baths by yourself, this is actually kind of a big deal for me.  My husband usually does the whole bed time routine, and I am personally terrified of giving my children baths.  I am convinced they will fall, drown, or crack their head open, possibly all three.  I can never rinse their hair without getting something in their eyes.  I really do have a lot of faith and believe my children are God's and He will take care of them, but when it comes to baths, I have no faith in my own competency.  However, Sunflower survived the bath, and we are all clean and excited about going to our friend's house tonight.

Now you may be wondering why I gave Sunflower a bath in the middle of the day, especially if you are said friend and know you do not care how clean my children are when they come over.  Well, Sunflower was smelling pretty sweet given the lotion she had put on all over.  However, her hair was looking kind of greasy since lotion and curly, baby hair don't go together well.  In my defense,  I was only in the other room (a room everyone has the right to be in by themselves) for a moment, but this girl is fast!  A word she now knows how to say,  "Fas, Mama, fas!"

I might have dared waiting one more day for bath, except tomorrow Sunflower is going to spend all day at a friends so Oak and I can go to our Adoption agency to renew our Adoption Training.  Once we get home after picking up 3 children from 3 different locations, it might just not be possible to give Sunflower a bath Saturday night.  I really don't want to imagine what her hair would look like Sunday morning with lotion in it for 2 days and all the items that might stick to her lotiony hair.  Let's just say I had a lot of motivation to give her a bath.  As for putting her down to nap, well, sorry to say, but I always have a lot of motivation for that one.
I didn't want to post a picture of Sunflower in the bath, so here is the next best thing to it.
  
 Photobucket

No comments: