Thursday, September 9, 2010

First Day of School

It appears I have already failed as a blogger as I did not know there was an obligatory first day of school post for all moms who blog.  My boys started school last Tuesday.  I did not take pictures.  Huckleberry left on the bus at 7:30 (Oak saw him off since I was still asleep), and it was raining cats and dogs when Sunflower and I dropped off SnapDragon.  Raining on August 31t!  I have also not taken a picture of Huckleberry in his first pair of glasses which he got Sept. 1st.  They shouldn't look too different when I get around to it next week!

I also admit that I am loving them being back in school.  I know they are having a great time and learning a lot, but I also just love it for me.  I don't really shout it from the roof tops anymore since my now 10 year old told his first grade teacher I don't like mid-winter break since it meant he was home.  However, I have gotten so much more done!  I cleaned a bathroom, spent hours on the phone for MOPS (Mother's of Preschoolers), cleaned some baseboards, and I even vacuumed under the table with only one meal of crumbs to pick up, plus more.  I have also played and played with Sunflower and snatched cuddles with her (you can only get cuddles from her by snatching them).  She is learning her colors, or maybe she did really mean "bite" when she held the white crayon out and said "bite".  Well, I affirmed her for knowing the color white anyway. We even have dinner simmering in the crock pot--though credit for that goes to my husband.

Don't get me wrong.  We had a great summer.  Because of my Positive Mom Bible Study, at the beginning of the summer I made it my goal to do one thing special with the kids each day.  Some special things entailed leaving the house but some just meant me saying yes to playing games or making muffins--things I said no to way too often last year.  I think I attained my goal all but 3 days, and I had lots of sweet moments with my kids.  However, the house did not get any deep cleaning, and I do so like to be alone.  I really believe September is my favorite month!  The kids being in school in January probably won't make me productive, but for now I am enjoying it all.
 Photobucket

No comments: