Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Great Day

It really was a great day.  Starting with the children being ready for school with no fuss.  (They usually do pretty well, but sometimes I have to wake Sunflower and it gets tricky.)

Then on the way to school, as we passed a house, SnapDragon said,
"I wonder who lives in 1002 because they have the same birdhouse I made at school on their porch so they must be a 1st or 2nd grader at my school."

"That is a good use of deductive reasoning (or some such less pretentious phrase that I can't remember right now."

"I have good senses.  Except my touch.  Sometimes when I touch I can't always tell."

"Huh?"

"Mom, I used my eye sense and my smarts sense to know they must go to my school."

"Smarts isn't a sense."

"Well, I think it should be.  I know we have 5 senses, but I don't remember what they all are."

Maybe you had to be there.

Then prayer time before Bible Study and then the last study in I Peter.  I love studying God's word with the people of my church.  Even if I Peter 3:8-11 is kind of convicting.

"To sum up, all of you be harmonious, sympathetic, brotherly, kindhearted, and humble in spirit; not returning evil for evil or insult for insult, but giving a blessing instead; for you were called for the very purpose that you might inherit a blessing. For,  “THE ONE WHO DESIRES LIFE, TO LOVE AND SEE GOOD DAYS, MUST KEEP HIS TONGUE FROM EVIL AND HIS LIPS FROM SPEAKING DECEIT. HE MUST TURN AWAY FROM EVIL AND DO GOOD; HE MUST SEEK PEACE AND PURSUE IT."

I had to confess that I think my attitude at Christmas might have been a bit different if we'd studied I Peter in November.  Just saying.

Then, even though it rained all morning, the sun came out and I played outside with Sunflower and then SnapDragon.  Today was 2:00 p.m. dismissal AND I picked him up on time.
Then just a relaxing afternoon with no AWANA tonight so a great dinner cooked by my husband (who does do most of the cooking) and now a chance to sit at the computer and look at pictures.

No news on the adoption front, except we sent our VISA applications to the courier in DC that our agency recommends without Huckleberry's signature.  Then after we got it back to her, she called last night to say the consulate is no longer processing applications outside their jurisdiction.  So now it is on the way to a courier in Houston and hopefully the Houston consulate will process it.  We have quite a while to get our VISAs and they usually don't take too long, so it is only a minor glitch.  Actually kind of such a comedy of errors it makes me giggle.  3 business days down on our wait for I800 approval and no known glitch there.

Photobucket

No comments: