Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Know God

I just finished my homework for my Jeremiah class that meets tomorrow.  I had put it off all week, but today was a half day of school...so SnapDragon was home to entertain Sunflower...and Netflix streaming was working...so I got it all done.  It is good to have it done (5 days of homework in one sitting was not the ideal method), but also just great to let God's word seep into me.

Jeremiah 9:23-24:  Thus says the LORD, “Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches;  but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the LORD who exercises lovingkindness, justice and righteousness on earth; for I delight in these things,” declares the LORD. 

How can I understand and know God unless I spend time with Him and study His word?  And I really want to Know Him because I love to boast; I mean because I want to follow God, not myself as the people in Jeremiah did.  Have you not studied Jeremiah?  Trust me, you want to Know God.

And really...the Lord exercises lovingkindness, justice and righteousness on earth and delights in these things.  That is the team I want to be on.
 Photobucket

1 comment:

No Greater Love said...

Oh my...seriously, you crack me up, even in a beautiful post about the Lord. :) I loved your "And I really want to Know Him because I love to boast. You made me smile.

Oh...I do want to boast that I know Him. That is all I keep praying, that I would just KNOW Him....rightly.

Love your post....as usual. :)

Mer