Sunday, March 13, 2011

Happy Birthday to Huckleberry!

My itty bitty baby boy, Huckleberry, is now 11.  I cannot believe it.
 How do they grow up so fast?
 We had lots of food, family, and friends--actually 1 friend.
The matching number of presents with lots of helpers.
We bought him binoculars per his request and to go with his "Invention" themed party.  People tried to answer the questions on his Inventor's Quiz (he made it himself.)
We also had cake.  Red Velvet bought from Costco.  Do you know how less stressful a party is for me when we buy a cake?  I associate decorating a cake with love, but I sure love skipping that part and my son!
 Eleven candles!  Are we certain?  I think we counted wrong somewhere, but he wasn't buying it.  Be sure to catch the smoke!
Mostly the kids just played and played and we heard a lot of thumping from upstairs.  It was a welcome relief when they went outside to play.  (Though the other adults made me shut the door before I could take too many pictures from the doorway.)
I didn't want to put my shoes on.

Happy Birthday, my darling son!



Ni Hao Yall

Photobucket

1 comment:

DawnS said...

I know what you mean - my oldest turned 11 in December and for some reason 11 just seems so much older. It's all going by way to fast!