Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Why Firefly Mothers Are Superior

Some of you may remember when this article in the Wall Street Journal came out about Amy Chua's book Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother.  It created a maelstrom of blog posts, comments and arguments.  I even joined the fray.  Today by following a rabbit trail of links starting at Our Little Tongginator, I found my favorite response to it of all time.  It is not serious at all and I know my real life friends will find it worth the read.  It is also the reason that some days I contemplate becoming a blog of links instead of writing my own posts.

By the way, we are Babylon 5 parents or maybe Stargate SG-1 parents though we are failing even in that since we haven't let the boys watch the shows yet.  No!  We are Firefly parents--we were already planning on learning Mandarin.

Blogger and Italics have defeated me today, but you cannot take the sky from me.
Photobucket