Thursday, November 11, 2010

One of the reasons...

I am grateful to live in America...

Father Sentenced to 2.5 years in China for Speaking Out against Tainted Milk 

Words are inadequate to express my thanks to all the soldiers and their families who have made great sacrifices including their lives to protect my freedoms and the future for my children.  

Thank you, Dad (Vietnam Vet).
Thank you, Brother (Serving overseas with the Navy).
Thank you, Friend (Two tours in Iraq, currently serving state side).
Thank you, All.
 Thank you for serving our country!
 John 15:12-13:   “This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends."

* It is possible that the adoption community would frown on mentioning the lack of some civil rights in China in connection with the freedom I experience in my country as it puts my future child's birth country in a bad light, but I AM proud to be an American and see no need to balance out a Veteran's Day post with evidence that I see flaws in the US also. The story of this brave father in China DOES add to my gratitude, and I honor his commitment to his nation.
Photobucket

No comments: