Thursday, January 10, 2013

New SideBar Button

Nobody should adopt that doesn't actively want to be a parent and add a child to their family.  After all being a parent makes you very aware of how selfish you are...for some that makes them less selfish.  For me, it means I have to confess more often.

So that is what I tell myself.  I don't want a fifth child.  Our family is just about perfect.  Why mess with it?  But I do want to adopt again.  Maybe.  Someday.  But definitely not right now.

If we adopted again it would be through China's waiting child program, not the program we adopted Sweet Pea through.  I'm open to foster care here in the US, but Oak says for him it is China.

But, no.  Not now.  Possibly not ever.  My husband has always wanted 9 or 10 kids.  We compromised at 4 when we got married.  Somedays we wonder at that 4.  

So what is my point?  Ummm, I don't think you should adopt to rescue a child, but there are children who need families.  And I believe there are families and people who need children.* 

And my internet friend has put together a list of lists of the children who are waiting in China.  These are children who have already been separated from their original families.  Some with medical needs that need more care than an orphanage...or children's welfare institute in China...can provide.  All whose largest need is for a family to call their own.

Click on the button below or on my sidebar to see those lists.
China's Waiting Children (from Ordinary Miracles & The Crazy 9)
If you dare.  Because children are a lot of work, but once you fall in love with one, the rewards outnumber every dirty diaper no matter how selfish you think you are.

*I realize this oversimplifies the complications involved in pursuing adoption such as the uncertainty, the agonizing wait, the potential for corruption in the process, the abysmal reasons for the need in the first place, etc. etc.  but at the same time, it does all boil down to this, too.  
Photobucket

1 comment:

Nancy @ Ordinary Miracles & The Crazy 10 said...

Thank you Cedar for posting the list! I'll try to remember to make a smaller/square version for you.
nancy