Thursday, September 22, 2011

Not the Mama

I am working on a long post about a hug from God I got on Wednesday, but I don't have time to finish it right now.  Too many have to dos.   So I thought I'd share this short story about Sunflower.

She has a blanket that a good friend crocheted for her when she was born.  She loves this blanket and sometimes when she falls over she is more comforted by her blanket than her Mommy.
Anyway, Saturday night she woke up crying.  Oak went in but couldn't understand what was the matter.  Then I went in and she calmed down.  About 20 minutes later she started screaming, "Daddy!  Daddy!  Daddy!"  At this point we were so exhausted I scooped her up and put her in our bed where she went to sleep.

The next morning Oak took the boys to serve at first service, then Sunflower and I joined them for second service of church.  On the way there, I asked Sunflower what had upset her so much.

"There was a big bear and it took my blanket."

"Oh, that is sad."

"Don't worry.  My blankie is on the stairs; I remember!"

"Right, it was a dream and that is why you called for Daddy."

"Yeah.  I didn't call for YOU!"  I wish there was a way in writing to convey the tone of sheer disgust and outrage.

 Photobucket

1 comment:

No Greater Love said...

Oh, I love the picture...it conveys her sentiment so well. :)

I wouldn't be a good one to call to fend off bears either...but I am so sure Mike could.