Sunday, July 17, 2011

I Love My Daughter

Friday I played house with Sunflower.  It is her favorite thing to do right now and if the boys will play with her I don't see them for hours at a time (though the upstairs becomes a disaster).  But on Friday Huckleberry was still at church camp and SnapDragon wanted to "be by himself" so I played house.  I do play with Sunflower but too often it is in multi-tasking mode; not Friday.

I got my hair combed with pretty clips by my "mama."  I discovered why playing house seems to result in the shoes in my closet becoming completely rearranged.  I ate the marshmallows Sunflower cooked us for lunch.  And finally I got to lie down and rest.

For 3 seconds.

Then "Cock-a-doodle-doo!  Wake up, baby!"

"Umm, Sunflower, real babies will sleep for hours."

"But Mama!  You not a real baby, you just pretend!  Cock-a-doodle-doo!"

So I woke up and ending up driving the toddler bed to Texas to visit Captain Awesome. (Don't ask why the baby did the driving and not the Mama.  "Silly Mama!  I can't drive!  I'm only two!")
My silly, fun, creative, sweet and beautiful, not a baby anymore, girl!
 Photobucket

4 comments:

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

she is just beautiful!

lea
xo

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture. And marshmallows for lunch. Yum!

Mitch said...

hahahahahahaahhaaha

Renegades said...

What an adorable picture and cute cute story to share with it.