Thursday, June 30, 2011

Where is Summer?

Summer.  I really try to like summer and having my kids home all day.  Last week was a little rough as we worked out a new routine, but this week has been much better.  They've played with each, read, and even helped with the housework.  But summer would be a little easier to enjoy if we had some actual summer weather.

Today the kids dressed in red, white, and blue, we packed a lunch and the camera, and headed to the doctor's office to have my TB test looked at and doctor's form filled out.  Then we anticipated heading to the park for a picnic and some fun pictures for all the red, white, and blue photo challenges this week.  After all it was 67 degrees, a little overcast, with some encouraging sunbursts.

We came out of the doctor's office 10 minutes later to a frigid (for summer) down pour and black sky.  Obviously we drove home instead of to the park and I THINK my medical form for my adoption agency is still readable now that the raindrops have dried.

I don't think I have ever been so frustrated; well, at least not at any other point this week.  On the plus side I don't have TB, we got some afternoon cleaning in, and I did get a fun shot of my baby girl yesterday.
  Take that summer!
 Photobucket

No comments: