Sunday, June 16, 2013

Getting Big

So even though my coming home outfit still fit a year later, I have grown a bit in the last year.
I mean look at me a little less than a year ago.  I couldn't walk.  That day, July 4th, was the first time I let someone besides Mommy and Daddy hold me...for a few minutes with stiff bodied terror...but still.  Now I hug my aunts and uncles, give them kisses and high fives, and every once in awhile I'll stick around for a cuddle.
And look how this dress fit in August last year!  It was almost too long to get around in well.  I still love sticks and rocks, but now I can tell you what they are and say lots more words, too.  Not always clearly, but I am more than able to get my point across.
Now it isn't just my hair that has grown.  I barely fit the dress...but Mommy has the next size up waiting for me in the closet.*  I also a few months ago stopped calling Daddy -- Mommy.  Now I understand that just because he is as important as Mommy it doesn't mean he has the same name.  It took me awhile to understand that.  I used to confuse Mommy when I was sitting on her lap and Daddy would get home.  "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!"  I would yell while crawling off her lap and running to the door to greet Daddy.

I may never meet my China father but I sure do love my Daddy here.  Happy Father's Day!

* Between referral and travel there is only one thing waiting Mommies and Daddies can do for their child half way across the world -- SHOP.  And if it is adorable and on clearance all the better.   Photobucket

1 comment:

Andrea Dawn said...

So happy to hear she has opened up to all the love poured out for her and returns it with hugs and kisses and cuddles. What a difference a year makes, eh!