Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What's in a Name?

Okay, I think this is going to be fun, and I can't wait to post all my wisdom for the world to read, but I can't do that yet.  I'm still trying to figure out Blog design, Titles, adding Blogs to follow, and most of all names. One of the things that held me back from starting a blog is exposing my family to the whole world.  Changing names doesn't really stop that, but it gives me plausible deniability which is a good, good thing.  I think I am funny, but coming up with clever names for my blog and to figure out blog names for my children is causing me to rethink my self assessment.  I have found wonderful blog names for children like Tongginator and Cheeky, but I can't just copy those mommas.  I have to be creative and different, but I am finding I am not creative and different.  Okay, so some may argue the different, but either way I can't find names that work.

One child suggested Luigi, Mario, and Princess Peach, but once we actually adopt from China I can't imagine Princess Peach for my bio daughter wouldn't get me in all kinds of trouble.  (If you don't know why don't worry; it just means you aren't following all the race discussions on RQ and I think that is okay.)  Colors of the rainbow lead me to similar problems, though child #2 did suggest Green, Blue, and Purple.  My husband suggested A,B, and C.  When I said that was not creative or funny he suggested "little cat Z?"

Suffice to say, it took me nine months to decide on my daughter's real name, it'll probably take me nine months before I am ready to regal the world with my family's delightful antics and my amazing wisdom.

No comments: